Sunday, January 18, 2004

1/18/04 blessed birthday silence

Sunday, January 18, 2004
blessed birthday silence

Had a birthday get together with the whole family last night, minus one nephew who was working, and my first great-niece. It was in celebration of my niece-in-law's 36th birthday on Monday. "> "

M is married to my oldest nephew. (They were married one month to the day that Bob died. The last pictures I have of Bob and I were at their reception.) M and B have blessed me with 2 beautiful great-nieces. In our family the birthday person gets to choose the meal plans, and M's choice was a very nice seafood restaurant close to my home. So 17 of us met at the restaurant and then came back to my house for presents, cake and ice cream. My ears are still buzzing this morning from all the commotion. A 6 year old, two 4 year olds, a 23 month old and a 19 month old lead to a full house and a lot of noise. The kids are not that hard to take, it's the parents trying to get them to quiet down and behave that is the noisiest. We did get a chance to get in a game of cards later in the evening. My family is the greatest, and I love the fact that we are all so close and get together so often, but the blessed silence when they go home is indescribable. ">

Here is a picture of M with her two girls.



lab2401 at 11:19:00 AM EST Link to this entry
This entry has 1 comments: (Add your own)
    I totally related to the blessed silence! It's great to party & have a blast, but to be in one's space, a quiet space is priceless! 17 in a restaurant! Did you reserve seating? The more the merrier tho'
    Comment from aiibrat - 1/18/04 10:42 PM

No comments: