Wednesday, September 15, 2004

9/15/04 breathing a sigh of relief

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

breathing a sigh of relief
Chillin'



My heart and prayers go out for those who have been touched by Ivan's fury, and for all those who stand in his path. At the same time, I count my blessings, that we here in Central Florida were spared his wrath. Clean up is moving along here, now there are still about 170,000 people without power here in Central FL from hurricane Frances, but at least we have some time to get things together before the next one hits. There is another tropical storm, Jeanne, heading in our general direction, but I am praying that it heads itself north back out to sea before it becomes a threat.

It appears that Ivan will hit somewhere between the panhandle of Florida and Louisiana. Even if it doesn't hit New Orleans head on, the wind and tide surge will put that city underwater. I pray that it loses some of it's punch before it makes landfall, but they are predicting that it could actually gain strength, and bump back up to a category 5.

For those who have wondered, S is doing well thru all these storms. Most the time, she is sleeping thru them. Frances took out the nursing home's power out for 4 days, but they had generators to run half power for lights and fans, and keep the refrigerators and freezers up and running. When I got to her on Tuesday after Frances left us, she was in bed with a small fan on her in the window. The power came back on that night. I can't get over how well S is doing now. They have finally gotten her meds regulated, and she is sleeping well, with no nightmares, and she is not hearing music very ofter any longer. I give the psychiatrist lots of credit for his patience with working with her.

I have been fighting a cold since Friday night, and finally feel better tonight. Mom and Daddy will be headed back home Thursday, and I will pick them up at the train station on Friday afternoon. Then on Saturday we will be celebrating mom's 79th birthday. Plans are for the family to meet at my sisters house for roast pork, baked potato, green beans, rutabaga, apple sauce, rolls and butter, iced tea or coffee, and birthday cake and ice cream for dessert. I can't wait to see them both, I have missed them.


lab2401 at 12:17:00 AM EDT Link to this entry
This entry has 2 comments: (Add your own)
    Lost your journal somehow. Glad I was able to locate it again. Ivan was horrible and my prayers, like yours went out to all who suffered because of it. Stop by and visit sometime. **Barb**
    http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK
    Comment from barbpinion - 9/22/04 8:01 PM

    I am glad all is well with you- and that S is doing okay, too. I am also sooo glad you were spared Ivan. Take care of your self. Margo
    Comment from magogos - 9/19/04 12:12 PM

No comments: