Found this little Meme questionnaire over at Patrick's Place (who got it from Paul's "Aurora Walking Vacation) and it got me to thinking. There is more to question 3 for me, but it's going to take some time for me to get my thoughts in order. It looks like a future post for me.
1. A month before it happens you're told you're going to lose your memory. How do you prepare for it and do you attempt to regain what you've lost?
First I would record on video, tapes, CD's all the memories I could come up with, and then hit the picture albums and date and identify each picture. Next, I would make a video tape for myself where I would explain what has happened, and where to go look in the albums and tapes and it would all be explained. I would leave a message/note for my self to play the first video and go from there each day. Sort of like the concept in the movie '50 First Dates'.
2. How do you describe your outlook on life?
All things happen for a reason, although I might not understand it, nor like it, at that particular moment.
3. You fall in love with your soulmate, decide to get married, and then find out that person is going to die soon. Do you marry them anyway?
Oh my God, Yes! I can't imagine not marrying Bob and having the time we had together just because I was afraid he would not live a full life. When we married I was told that his life expectancy was diminished due to his injury, but soon forgot all the predictions. We lived what we had to the fullest and each and every moment was cherished and enjoyed. When he passed we were 3 months shy of our 21st anniversary.
4. What are three of your favorite ice cream toppings?
Not a big fan of ice cream, but I would think 1.hot caramel; 2.peaches or nectarines; or 3.crushed heath bars would make a good topping on vanilla ice cream.
5. Is there one article of clothing you love to wear no matter how out of style it is?
I am way beyond thinking or worrying about style, I have things that I have worn for years. When I find something that fits and I like it, I tend to buy 2 or 3 in different colors, etc.
6. Is there one color you wish would go away in fashion?
Drab olive green. Not too many can pull that color off, I definitely can't.
7. What's the first department you head to when you go shopping in a department store?
Shoes and purses.
8.How far away do you live from your parents?
9. Growing up, who was your favorite cartoon character?
Sylvester and Tweety Bird.
I was also partial to Popeye and Olive Oyl.
10. You plan a romantic evening and everything goes wrong, including the fancy dinner you burned. What do you do?
Chuck it all in the garbage and have dessert twice.
11. What's the last thing you bought at the store?
Some groceries for my mom and dad.
12. Have you ever walked out in the middle of a movie?
No. Seldom go to the movies, tend to wait until they are on DVD and watch them at home.
13. What celebrity do most people say you look like?
It used to be Patti Duke when I was way younger, but lately I have been letting this old gray hair grow out, and I have been told I look like Tyne Daley.
14. Is there any piece of jewelry you always wear?
Yes, a necklace my husband gave me on our 10th anniversary, my 2 sets of earrings, and an antique ring my grandfather gave my mom on her 16th birthday.
15. Have you ever tried to pick someone up?
No, I'm not that strong, but I can prevent them from falling too hard. ;o)
16. What's the one thing you always manage to lose on your way out the door?
I forget my water jug and always have to go back and get it.
17. Out of these creatures which one are you most afraid of:
A.) Snakes B.) Spiders or C.) Rodents
Snakes, too hard for me to decide if they are good to have around or not, so I just want them all gone!
18. What's the last gift you bought for a friend?
Bought a fax machine for my mom.
19. Do you ever buy people things for no reason?
Usually. I don't normally buy for birthdays, or anniversaries. I prefer to pick things up when I see something I know someone would like and give the gift as a surprise.
20.What's your favorite way to spend a lazy summer afternoon?
Hanging around the house, listening to the box or playing on the computer.
Well, that's it for now. I can't believe I've done another post so soon. I have been working on my post for the 2,996 project. If you don't know what I'm talking about, sashay your way over to take a look.
As of the last post today, there are 103 names who have not been taken as of yet. Please, let's not let anyone go unaccounted for in this project. If you can find it in your heart to write a tribute to one of the victims of 9/11, just go to the sign up now button and a name will be assigned to you and the means to look this person up and create a memorial to their life.