Wednesday, March 10, 2004

3/10/04 at a low point #2

Wednesday, March 10, 2004
at a low point #2
Sunday comes, and I haven't heard from the n.home, so I assume all might be well. I almost did not make the visit, I was so tired. But I delivered my paperwork and made my way to S. When I arrived I could see S sitting in a wheelchair that was not hers, her feet without her shoes, a sheet tied around the foot rests, and a gait belt tied behind to keep her feet from touching the floor. She had a "chair buddy", a foam device that fits in the arms of the chair that holds a person to the seat and does not let them stand from the chair. S was crying, and as I got closer I could smell the unmistakable smell of urine. I told her to calm down, I was there, and spoke to her nurse down the hall that I wanted to see him immediately in her room. I got her out of that chair, and when I took her to the bathroom to clean her up and toilet her, I found that the hematoma had shifted from her hip to her buttocks because of the position she was sitting on that right hip. After much hell raising on my part from finding an IV still in her arm from the ER that was not removed and the n.home was not aware was there, and then finding out that they were still giving her the Lortab and Ativan at the same time, I made sure that her nurse knew that I was aware of what was going on and it would not be tolerated. I left S at 8:00pm sound asleep, with the staff promising me that they would get her up and toilet her in the night to keep her from trying to get up on her own.

lab2401 at 10:04:00 AM EST Link to this entry
This entry has 0 comments: (Add your own)

No comments: