Wednesday, March 10, 2004

3/10/04 at a low point #1

Wednesday, March 10, 2004
at a low point #1
Well, haven't had the inclination to write on my journal in quite a while now. Not a whole lot of good things happening with S at this point. This past week and weekend have been the absolute worst. Monday night (3/1), a trip to the ER to ascertain if (R) hip had dislocated or not. End result, a huge hematoma, apply ice 48hrs, and take Lortab as needed for pain. If the Lortab was too strong with her other meds, take Ibuprophin. Tuesday night visit, S could not keep her eyes open while I was there. When I left, I requested they hold the pain meds unless she requested them. Wed. I was unable to get by to see S, a call to the home and nurse states she was agitated all day, but she was calm now, actually sleeping (5:30pm), and not to worry they would keep an eye on her. Thurs. visit, much the same, S could not stay awake, the nurse states she is trying to get up at all times, and keeps falling? I question this as I have not been notified. P, charge nurse states she knows nothing about this, but will check it out. Fri. visit, S is sleeping in her chair. I try to keep her awake, as I know she won't sleep at night at this rate. I told S I would not be there Sat, but would see her Sun. Saturday at noon I get a call from the n.home stating that S had an incident in the early morning hours, a fall. me:Why wasn't I notified? nurse: I don't believe in waking up families in the early morning. me:Is S ok? what happened? nurse:S is sleeping now. we sent her to the ER at the phys orders, they glued a scalp wound together and sent her back at 9:15 this morning. me:You mean you sent her to the hosp without letting me know? did someone go with her? nurse:No, we don't go with the residents. They had to medicate her to attend to the wound, but she is fine now. I will let you know if there is any other problems. me:I can't get there today, but I can be reached by cell phone if you need me or if S wants to talk to me. Please make note of that on the chart, also, I am to be notified at all times, if S falls, or runs a fever, or what ever should happen. She is not to be sent to the hosp without first letting me know, do you understand this? nurse:Yes, noted on chart.

lab2401 at 10:09:00 AM EST Link to this entry
This entry has 0 comments: (Add your own)

No comments: