Wednesday, March 10, 2004

3/10/04 at a low point #3

Wednesday, March 10, 2004
at a low point #3
A call to the n.home at 7am the next morning (Mon), the nurse who was going off duty spoke with me. Says S had a miserable night, didn't sleep, they had to give her more of the pain and anxiety meds. I stated I did not want her to have the Lortab any longer, and I did not want her placed in that chair with the chair buddy again as the hematoma has now shifted to her right buttock. nurse:you will have to take that up with P, the charge nurse when she comes in. S is already in that chair and that is where she will stay. I can't make that decision, besides, I don't care for S that much anyway. A quick trip to the n.home, and I got there as the nurse was telling P what our conversation had consisted of. Both had their back to me in the nursing station, so I was able to correct the embellishment that the nurse was putting on our conversation. I was able to sit down and calmly speak with the charge nurse, P, about what all had happened since Friday night, and how S has been falling apparently and I have not been notified, how they sent her to the ER without telling me, etc. She will investigate the falls, she contacted the phys to come in to examine S and check her meds to find out why she is not sleeping at night and discontinue the Lortab and the IV. She pulled the IV while I was there, bandaged many of her skin tears on her arm and legs. For the past 2 days, S cannot stay awake once I get there. They tell me that she is moving all the time, trying to stand up and getting agitated, and sure enough when I first get there, I see that. Then she calms down, and gets almost drugged sleepy and can barely stay awake to eat. They tell me when I leave she sleeps until 11:30/12:00 then is awake most of the night trying to get up out of bed and getting more and more agitated. The phys has not made a visit as of yet, so he will hopefully today. I am putting S in God's hands at this point. I will continue to do all that I can, but whether S pulls thru this or not is up to God.


lab2401 at 9:44:00 AM EST Link to this entry
This entry has 2 comments: (Add your own)
Just to let you know my thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope your well. Hang in there.
Comment from gbgoglo - 3/27/04 4:46 PM

I have walked in your shoes and my heart goes out to you. It's so draining on a person's psyche especially when the n. homes aren't willing to work with you. She probably feels safe when you're there and that's probably why she falls asleep. You hang in there. May God bless you and yours and may he take care of things with S. and grant her peace. From my heart to yours...gloria
Comment from gbgoglo - 3/11/04 3:10 AM

No comments: