Tuesday, April 06, 2004

4/6/04 trying to get in the swing of it again...

Tuesday, April 6, 2004
trying to get in the swing of it again...

It has been so long since I updated my journal. I'm not sure where to I start.

S is doing pretty well, she was back in the hospital since my last entry, was in for 6 days, and it's a wonder we made it out of there. Since getting back to the nursing home, she is doing better mentally, eating soft foods (no longer pureed), and still on the honey thick liquids. She was admitted to the hospital with Congestive Heart Failure, fluid in her lungs. Thank God it wasn't aspiration pneumonia again. The hospital more or less neglected her, kept her tied down hands, feet and chest... kept her on IV's and were trying to feed her a regular diet. They did not appreciate my telling them that the feeding tube was there for a reason. I have left orders that S will never go back to that particular hosp again. This is the same one that had sent her home with an IV line still in her arm, and didn't even let the nursing home know. But, enough of that, she is doing better, in good spirits, and I have made the decision to cut my visits back to 3-4 times a week. Every night was slowly killing me after working all day.

GodsendsmiraclesI have been reading the journals, but haven't taken the time on my own, or even to leave comments on others. I have been in that dark dreary hole of self pity, and finally began pulling myself up out of it this weekend. I have so many things that have blessed me, I need to keep them in my mind and let go of the rest.

I am so very blessed to feel God's love and care of me and to recognize that all my blessings come from Him.

I am blessed with a loving family that understands my need to help S and be there for me when I get so low I don't think I can take another step.

I am blessed with having a job that I still enjoy doing even after 30 years, looking forward to getting out there to work.

I am blessed to have my companion pets to cuddle when I need the cuddle, and to listen when I need to rant.

I am blessed to have this journal space to come to and sing my lullaby...



lab2401 at 7:06:00 PM EDT Link to this entry
This entry has 2 comments: (Add your own)
You *sound* tired, but solid like you've made the necessary decisions on what you are going to do & the how's. I'm glad to see you posting again.

Comment from aiibrat - 4/8/04 8:59 PM

WHere do you get your graphics from? They are so nice! ~Sara
Comment from crystalviolet5 - 4/7/04 4:53 PM

No comments: