Sunday, September 26, 2004

9/26/04 jeanne

Sunday, September 26, 2004

jeanne


I am so very grateful to report I have come thru hurricane Jeanne, whole and well. I lost power this morning about 7:15, and went thru the worst of the winds and rain listening to my transistor radio. Then I lost my phone about 6:30 tonight. But thankfully the cell phone worked, so I was able to stay in touch with family and friends. Finally my power was restored tonight around 9:30, with the phone very soon after that. I don't have my cable access, but at least I have my phone. Our winds are still gusting but very misty rain now at the most. So far I have recorded about 5½ inches of rain since this started about midnight last night.

Yesterday morning, I took my mom and dad to get a new puppy for them, a shitzu/poodle mix. Little black female. Poor mom and daddy have been frantic today worrying about her pooping and peeing, not being able to get her out, etc. They also lost their power from the storm, but got theirs back tonight also. I have some pictures and when I get my cable back up and running I will post some pictures. She is a little doll, they named her Tobie.

Well, I am out of here, it is time to go to bed and fall asleep counting my many blessings. Thanking God again to have made it thru another hurricane. Love to you all, Auntie Lyn and Uncle Owl.



lab2401 at 11:44:00 PM EDT Link to this entry
This entry has 4 comments: (Add your own)

And no more hurricanes!!
V
Comment from deabvt - 10/1/04 2:39 PM

I can't wait to see pictures of the new puppy...I have a Shih Tzu, Layla...she's a great dog...

http://journals.aol.com/derasta/ADayInTheLife
Comment from derasta - 9/28/04 5:18 PM

I am glad that you have once again come through in good health and good spirits. May this be the last hurricane you EVER have to experience! Margo
Comment from magogos - 9/27/04 10:11 AM

No more storms, Florida! : )
I'm so happy all is well and even the puppy can go out now.
Angela
http://journals.aol.com/readmereadyou/MyThoughts/
Comment from readmereadyou - 9/27/04 1:31 AM

No comments: