Sunday, September 05, 2004

9/5/04 still here

Sunday, September 5, 2004

still here
Hopeful



I have lost my cable access, but I do have phone and power, so I am here on a new account. It appears that Frances has come ashore south of the Ft. Pierce area, but she is still more or less just sitting there, very slowly moving thru our state. Newest reports are that she will track more southerly that originally plotted, and will finally exit the state somewhere around Tampa area. I have been awake since 5am, just felt the 'need' to get out of that bed. It was pretty quiet when I first got up, but we are getting some pretty heavy gusts now as I type this. I am watching the street lights go on and off across the street, and I keep losing my satellite connection for TV. But all in all, I am safe and calm. Should be interesting when the sun comes up. Will keep you updated as I am able to.

A few thoughts about this storm that have been running thru my head. Mysteriously this hurricane stalled out just far enough off the coast for so such a long duration, giving all those that needed to flee for their safety more than ample time to do so. Although there were millions that fled, the traffic moved smoothly, with everyone getting to their destination before any of the storm moved forward, and even tho we had been experiencing gas shortages from hurricane Charley, there was gas enough to get everyone out of harms way. The track that the storm is NOW following covers some of the most un-populated areas of our state that we have, which will impact fewer homes, hopefully incurring less harm to human life. All the dire predictions that the media have used and are using to scare our citizens are not reaching fruition. I am learning there is one Source, and He is in power.

I know that God is where I am...
beneath, around, above;
providing, guarding, guiding;
encircling me in Love.


lab2401 at 7:14:00 AM EDT Link to this entry
This entry has 5 comments: (Add your own)
    I've been watching on CNN and it looks so bad. I feel so sorry for everyone.


    Comment from readmereadyou - 9/5/04 7:07 PM

    Oh wow, Lyn...you be SAFE as you can down there! I know God is watching over you, but it's very scary to see those hurricane radar things now that I sort of know some people down there. I've been hearing these entries on AOL by phone, but the pictures really add to it. They look horrifying. Of course I know that the worst part of the storms aren't the whole big colored area, but still. I guess I'm just not used to them. Now give me a tornado and I can handle those. Still scary but I'm used to them, having called Oklahoma home for the past 13 years.

    Sammie
    http://journals.aol.com/ladydriversammie/MovinOn
    Comment from ladydriversammie - 9/5/04 6:25 PM

    I'm glad you are hanging in there. You continue to be in my prayers. Take care of yourself. Margo
    Comment from magogos - 9/5/04 11:22 AM

    My prayers are with you. I know you'll be alright. God protects his own. Please stop by and visit my special and new journal. "A LITTLE BIT OF HEAVEN." I think you'll like what you find. *Barb*
    http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/ALittleBitOfHeaven/
    Comment from barbpinion - 9/5/04 11:18 AM

    Prayers.
    V
    Comment from deabvt - 9/5/04 9:06 AM

No comments: