Sunday, September 05, 2004

9/5/04 checking in again

Sunday, September 5, 2004
checking in again
Hopeful



I'm hanging in there still, power and phone still on. Just heard a transformer blow close by, my next door neighbor is in the black now, as well as the housing development across the street. We are still getting some periods of high winds and heavy rains at 8:00pm. So far, I have recorded 6 inches of rain since yesterday when this started in earnest. My neighbors tree on the fence line got hit with a twisting wind and split in two. Thank God, the half that would be headed for my place is hung up in the trees, and hasn't fallen as of yet. I figure if it hasn't come down in the winds we have had so far, it probably will hold until this is over and it can be taken down. I got this picture about 5:00 tonight when the winds had died down, and was under my umbrella. You can see the edge of it across the top of the photo. This neighbor has the whole fence line lined with oak trees. The wind and rains are still coming down pretty hard at times, we are having a deluge as I type this.

Now I am waiting word on hurricane Ivan, who is making his way from Africa very quickly. He is following the path that Frances took, and he is gaining speed and strength already. They are telling us, that it looks good that Florida will be impacted by him also. They are saying by this Thursday, he will be near the Dominican Republic, and we will know by Friday if we will get hit by him over this next weekend. I am thinking that maybe we all ought to abandon ship, and the last person out leave a FOR SALE sign at the Georgia border! I will write more as I can. Thank all of you for your prayers for me and my fellow Floridians. I believe that this is what has saved this from being a total disaster that was predicted on Thursday night.


lab2401 at 8:48:00 PM EDT Link to this entry
This entry has 5 comments: (Add your own)
    Wishing you well with prayer. Paula
    Comment from plieck30 - 9/6/04 1:57 AM

    So glad you are safe...thanks for letting us know that. I can't believe that another hurricane is on it's way!!! Forest fires in California...all this in Florida. Unreal.

    God Bless....TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF
    SHARON
    Comment from spurgins311 - 9/6/04 12:49 AM

    Glad for the update. Mother Nature sure can show her furious dark side, can't she. Sorry that you are in Her path. Take care. Margo
    Comment from magogos - 9/5/04 10:24 PM

    I think the prayers have worked. From what I've heard so far on TV, no loss of life and that's what I really prayed for and I'm hoping that news continues.


    Comment from readmereadyou - 9/5/04 9:38 PM

    keeping you in prayers. Thanks for keepin in touch. *Barb*
    Comment from barbpinion - 9/5/04 9:24 PM

No comments: