Monday, May 03, 2004

5/3/04 meandering thoughts

Monday, May 3, 2004
meandering thoughts


Today started out like most any other day. Except, I am back on my diet, trying to get this old body back into shape. I am not on any specific diet, but am following the old rule of moderation, and exercise. I read Dr. Phil's book, and it makes sense, so I am more or less following his advice. I have actually eaten more since I started this diet last Saturday, than I was eating in the past. Well, maybe not actually more, but more often. I am eating 3 meals a day, and 2 snacks. Prior to this diet, I would eat something around 11 am somedays, and then supper at 6:30 or 7pm, and then graze all evening until I went to bed. Now, I am having breakfast around 8:30am, and then a snack at 10:30am, lunch at 1:30pm, then a snack of fruit to sastisfy that sweet urge around 3:30 or 4pm, and then supper at 6:30 or 7pm. Hopefully I will lose some weight doing this. The last diet I went on was Atkins and I did well until I started going off to have bread, or fruit, of some other treat. I also went back to not eating first thing in the morning, and that stalled the weight loss. I did lose some weight at first, and I felt wonderful on Atkins. If this idea of mine doesn't work after 3 or 4 weeks, I will go back to Atkins and do it correctly.

Well, I went to see S this afternoon/evening. She is doing so well, was laying down sleeping when I arrived. A little confused when she first awakened, but she came around pretty quickly. It is such a blessing to have her mentally with it. I pray that this is the way it will continue to be. The nursing home has been bought, the new company took over the last week. Not sure what kind of changes are going to be made tho. When I was visiting on Friday afternoon, a young child of about 22 to 25, came into the room to introduce herself. "Hi there, my name is Melissa M, and I'm the new administrator here now! Let me know if there is anything that I can do for you, ok? Ok, bye."

Is it me, or are they getting younger and younger? I remember when I was the 'youngster' on the block. All the doctors and most of the nurses were way older than me. Then there came this shift in the sands, and the doctors were the same age, the majority of the nurses younger. Hell, now they are all younger than me!

Guess I need to get this closed now and get ready to hit the hay. The owl has been out of the garage since they started all that garage sale stuff. I am hoping that he comes back now that it's all cleared out, I miss my little friend.




lab2401 at 11:12:00 PM EDT Link to this entry
This entry has 0 comments: (Add your own)

No comments: