Thursday, February 19, 2004

2/19/04 a grounding

Thursday, February 19, 2004
a grounding...

I got an email yesterday morning that really grounded me. More or less, it said:

Stop telling God how big my storms are...Instead tell my storms how big my God is.

Nothing like a little email to put you back on track. God knows our troubles, we don't need to make excuses why we can't do this or that, or that our problems are so big and insurmountable. It is wasting my time and energy to second guess myself. God is bigger than all that. He knows the plan and the outcome before I can even think the fear. When I put my trust in Him, my problems shrink in His presence. I was truly blessed by that small email, and have felt peace with my thoughts since then.

">

S has been in the hospital since Monday now. Double pneumonia, low potassium, irregular heart beat, among other things. S and I made the decision that she will go back to the nursing home when she leaves the hospital. Things just were not working out at Martha's house, I kept getting told that S was too much care for two people? that she required too much "one on one" care. I go to the bank today to get some things in order for S, to pave the way to transition to permanent placement at the nursing home. I know that I am making the right decision for the overall safety and good of S's care. And I feel at peace with this decision.



lab2401 at 8:23:00 AM EST Link to this entry
This entry has 1 comments: (Add your own)
    It's amazing how God gets his point across when we most need it...even with the help of an email. I'm glad you feel comfortable with your decision...it's a tough call but sometimes you have to go there for their own well-being. God bless you, gloria, kevin's mom
    Comment from gbgoglo - 2/19/04 4:40 PM

No comments: