Saturday, February 21, 2004

2/21/04

Saturday, February 21, 2004
at peace

A quick entry today. S had a feeding tube placed yesterday, got a call from the hospital that she was quite confused and frightened after the proceedure, but was resting comfortably.">They were asking my permission to transfuse 2 units of blood, as her level was quite low for some reason. By the time I got to the hosp, S was doing fine, she was clear again mentally. The doctor thought it was a reaction to the drug they used to put her to sleep. We are not sure why she is having the problems with the swallowing, but tests show that ¾ of what she is drinking and eating is winding up in her windpipe and lungs, thus the pneumonia. Found out this is the second bout of pneumonia. There is scaring from a previous bout by x-ray. S doesn't like the idea of the tube, but understands that she can't keep going on like this.

I made it by the bank, and got the financial stuff in order for her to go to the nursing home. Hopefully this all works out. I am trusting God that it will. I will be out of town today, but made arrangements with one of S's friends to go by and sit with her a couple of hours later today. The hosp has my cell number to reach me in case of problems.

The picture above was taken by me. It is a view from Cadiliac Mountain in Acadia National Park at Bar Harbor Maine. This was taken in September of '99 about 1:30pm. I love the sea fog that is there with the ship in the foreground. Very peaceful feelings when I look at this picture.



lab2401 at 9:58:00 AM EST Link to this entry
This entry has 2 comments: (Add your own)
    Yes, it is peaceful and very beautiful. I'm sorry to hear about S. I hope she continues to do better so she can be more comfortable. Those tubes are a pain. You're in my thoughts and in my prayers. gloria, kevin's mom
    Comment from gbgoglo - 2/23/04 12:30 AM

    Very beautiful entry...I love your writings.....Lori
    http://journals.aol.com/bernmilo/WAYNEATOPICTURES
    Comment from bernmilo - 2/21/04 11:13 AM

No comments: