Sunday, December 04, 2005

Better late than never... Patrick's Saturday 6 Answers:




1. Is it a "Christmas Tree" or a "Holiday Tree?"
It's definitely a Christmas Tree for me. I don't care if I'm politically correct or not, it is what it is. When I was a child, up until I was led astray by my wise old sister (6 years older than me), Santa Claus brought our Christmas Tree to the house. I would go to bed leaving a glass of milk with home made cookies that mom had made the day before, and when I got up in the morning, the tree would be there filled with my presents from Santa. Of course the empty milk glass and plate with a half eaten cookie would be on the coffee table where I had left it. Then when I was around 6 or 7 my sister told me that Santa didn't bring our tree, mom and daddy did. So, from then on, we would go out about the week before Christmas and find the perfect tree, hitting all the lots around town and usually winding back up at the first lot we went to. When we got home, daddy would cut the bottom off the stump and put it in a tub of water. Then on Christmas eve, daddy would bring in the tree, set it up and he and mom would put on the star, the lights, and the garland, then it was up to my sister and me to put on the decorations. We both had a special decoration we had gotten as babies, and that would be the first one we placed on the tree. My decoration was a blue pine cone that my mom's best friend gave me for my first Christmas. *see above* I still have that decoration, it's broke up where the filial goes into it, and I have to be very careful with it, but it is always the first one I hang, and there were a few years it was the only one I hung up.



2. When you purchase a DVD, what of the following are you most interested in watching first: the movie itself, the director's commentary, the deleted scenes, the bloopers or the behind-the-scenes documentary, and why?
I watch the movie first, then I watch the out takes and bloopers, then the deleted scenes. There have only been a few movies I watched where I was even interested in watching the commentaries. The last one I can remember watching was "Miss Congeniality" and the commentary was with Sandra Bullock and co-screen writer Marc Lawrence. I stumbled upon that one by mistake, and it was funnier than the movie in places.


3. What would you most like to accomplish before the year is over?
Can't really think of anything I would like to accomplish, maybe getting this blog more in line with how I would like it to look. I would like to get a new computer and get it all set up before the first of the year. I have a printer I bought 5 months ago, but I wont take it out of the box and install it on this antique. I want to run it on a new computer. By the time I get it done the warranty will be run out and the software obsolete.


4. Take this quiz: After you enter your birthday, you'll be given a lot of facts about your age and astrology: How old are you in dog years?
Your age is the equivalent of a dog that is 7.93111545988258 years old. (You old hound dog, you!)


5. From the same quiz, what does it say your "Life Path Number" is, and do you agree with its description?
Your life path number is 6. Yes, it pretty much describes me to a T, even down to the negative traits.


6. Do you have a piece of jewelry with your birthstone in it? If so, how often do you wear it?
My birthstone is listed as an Alexandrite. No I don't own any piece of jewlery with that stone in it, but the alternative birthstones are pearl, moonstone and opal. I do have a pair of pearl earrings that I wear. I tend to wear the same jewlery every day for years. The most that I change are the pearl earrings for gold balls maybe once every 6-8 months or so.

No comments: