Thursday, December 08, 2005

Eeek!! I only have 16 more shopping days!


My little stepping stones.
My great nieces and nephews 11/24/05.


This picture was taken this past Thanksgiving. There is Avery (8), Garrett (6), CJ (6), Brooke (3.5), Megan (3.75) and Bryce (9mos). [I added Bryce's picture with my photoshop.] My oldest great niece Amanda is missing, she will be 15 this January. Amanda lives with her mom, and we haven't seen her now in 4.5 years. Her mom punishes her ex (my nephew) by putting him and his family down to Amanda, returning our letters, gifts and cards, and telling her that we don't love her. I just wait for the day she trys to contact one of us. Her gifts are all here, all the cards and the letters that were returned. Proof that she was never forgotten by any of us, that no matter what her mom has said to her, she has always mattered to each of us.

I haven't done any of my holiday shopping for these kids, and I really need to get busy. (You know, it's a pain in the neck when working interferes with those things you want to do.) This weekend, Avery and Brooke's mom will meet my mom, sister and myself and help us as far as sizes and what the girls like. Next Friday, we will meet with Garrett and Bryce's mom for suggestions for them, then that next Saturday, CJ and Megan's mom will meet with us. Too bad we make all this so complicated.

I can't believe that Christmas is just around the corner, and I am so far behind, I don't really feel like doing much of anything. I haven't got my cards made, let alone sent out. No tree or decorations up yet. Only 2 presents for Bob's aunt bought so far. Seems like this might be a good year to crawl into a hole and wait it out, but that is just not an option. Well, I need to pull myself out of this funk and get busy. This weekend will be a good start I think ... or at least I hope.

1 comment:

jennifer said...

Thank you Auntie Lyn. I feel much better now. I just yesterday bought my first present. I swear the trip alone wore me out. I'm trying to catch the spirit, but everytime I'm close, that little sucker gets away.