Friday, December 09, 2005

Lineage...


lineage

2 entries found for lineage.
To select an entry, click on it.
Main Entry: 1lin·e·age
Pronunciation: 'li-nE-ij also 'li-nij
Function: noun
1 a : descent in a line from a common progenitor b : DERIVATION
2 : a group of individuals tracing descent from a common ancestor; especially : such a group of persons whose common ancestor is regarded as its founder

Lineage, that is what makes us what we are. Whatever our ancestors were, we are the sum of them. So, I'm convinced something really odd must have taken place several generations ago in my family. I think some ole hunter must have gotten lonely and decided to take up with some bear in the woods, and somehow we got BEAR in our bloodline. How else can I explain that I totally relate to the above picture. It all makes perfect sense now, and kinda ticks me off that I can't find some big old stinky cave to crawl into and wait for winter to pass me by.

4 comments:

jennifer said...

When you find just the right cave, will you email me the location? I'll bring a casserole.

Auntie Lyn said...

No problem Jenn, but make it something I can sip thru a straw. I don't even want to stir enough to use a fork and chew ;0)
Auntie Lyn

Vivian said...

LOL {{{{{Auntie Lyn}}}}}...maybe you'll find Uncle Owl when you find that cave :)

V said...

Hehehehe, Lyn.
V