Friday, December 23, 2005

Christmas


Auntie Lyn's Pathetic Excuse for a Christmas Tree


It's not much, but it's up. Still having difficulties getting myself into the groove of Christmas, but gifts have been bought, at least I think I got everyone on my list. (BTW, the gifts under the tree are not what I bought, but what my aunt brought for the family. I haven't even thought about wrapping anything yet.) Christmas will be at my sisters this year with the nephews and nieces doing the planning and cooking the meal. I have offered my services to help with what ever is needed, but only have been instructed to bring plates, napkins and bowls. From what I hear we are going non traditional this year (Italian and something else). My mom is having a conniption fit about it. I promised her that if she just eats whatever they serve, that next weekend I will cook her a traditional Christmas dinner. I think I have her convinced.

A Christmas Haiku:
Shining from above,
the star, a beacon of hope...
the Christ Child of Love.

and a Christmas rhyme:
I tend to fight and push away,
the trappings of the season;
but down inside, within my heart
I know that Christ is the reason.

No comments: