Thursday, April 15, 2004

4/15/04 this can't be me?

Thursday, April 15, 2004

this can't be me?

Well, got out on the trampoline yesterday ... managed to last about 5 straight mins, and then took a full 20 mins to get my breath. I would say that means I am wickedly out of shape, and it's time to start a life style change. I hate to even think of this, but when you grunt just leaning down to tie your shoes so you can walk back into the house, it's time to make a move.

I didn't make it by to see S last night as I had planned. I had forgotten a meeting at work, and by the time that was done, I had done all the interacting I could muster. A call to the n.home revealed that S had crashed into a wall earlier in the day, no serious injury, but they were going to arrange for a portable x-ray of her hand as it was swollen and bruised. S has her days when she is totally there, and then there are the days when she becomes so nervous and fidgity, can't sit still and becomes easily agitated. She calms down when I get there, but I can't be there all the time. She is beginning to get closer to some of the staff, and is responding to them by getting calmer. She went to the eye doctor last week, there is no vision now in the (L) eye, and very minimal (can't see the big E, but can see things within 12 inches of her face) in the (R) eye. The pressure in the eye is extremely high, and he stressed that the drops must be given every 8 hours to prevent the loss of what little vision she has left in the (R). I relayed the information to the n.home, and can only hope that they are following the instructions.

Garage sale going on this weekend, or so they say. I will believe that one when I see it. The garage has reached the breaking point at this time. My niece, D, brought in even more stuff yesterday, and filled what little room that was left with more baby stuff. Looking at all this you would have thought she had 6 kids, not just 2. This picture was just taken this morning and this is only a portion of the stuff. I barely have room for the car.

Time to close this and think about getting out there to work. A little haiku that I have been playing with for the past 24 hours, thanks so much to Mumsy. I like the short descriptive meanings and messages.

my garage is full
no room at the inn for me...
filled with sweet goodies.



lab2401 at 8:25:00 AM EDT Link to this entry
This entry has 1 comments: (Add your own)
    a colorful mess
    treasures for someone
    to pick thru...

    I like the short haiku messages...they are fun...I'm trying to get the hang of it.
    Love the trampoline...how much for that? LOL. Seriously, I'm looking for a sturdy trampoline one that's sturdy and can hold a lot of weight. Enjoy your weekend!
    Comment from gbgoglo - 4/17/04 2:43 AM

No comments: