Thursday, April 29, 2004

4/29/04 garage sale-ing

Thursday, April 29, 2004
garage sale-ing

" target=_top>Here we are on a early thursday morning, and just what I'm wanting, another weekend of garage sales! I do thank God that I'm not out there selling the stuff ... what is it that makes some person come up to you with a still new, in the sealed box coffee maker that is marked 5.00 and ask "will you take 2.50?" My response: No I won't take 2.50. I would rather donate it to Goodwill than give it to you for 2.50. Talk to the hand! MNL

I hate garage sales, I don't like to go to them, and I don't like to have them. The way I look at it, if you have it marked at a certain price then that is what you want for it. Unless something is so overpriced that it is outright laughable, I wouldn't dream of asking for a lower price. My niece has a wedding dress out there from a previous marriage, I think she needs to do what that guy did on e-bay, I can't believe how much he ended up with for his dress! If you haven't seen it yet (what rock are you living under?), click on the e-bay and check it out. Looking out the window as I type this, business is brisk so far. Family promises that this is the end of it all, and come Sunday, it will all be hauled to local shelters and charities. Then some serious cleaning of the garage will take place, sure I believe that one.

S will be 85 tomorrow, I plan on taking her a shrimp dinner and a few personal items. She is not wanting any fuss, so will honor her wishes. She is doing well so far, having a harder time with the vision than in recent past. Always when I leave her I ask if there is anything I can bring her when I come back, her reply is 2 good eyes and legs.

If only I had that power...



lab2401 at 10:07:00 AM EDT Link to this entry
This entry has 1 comments: (Add your own) Hi: Just found you again. The way I got around garage sale prices is to ask a little more then I wanted then they can talk your price down and feel like they got a bargain. They seem to need that feeling. Paula
Comment from plieck30 - 4/29/04 11:36 PM

No comments: