Sunday, April 18, 2004

4/18/04 25 little known facts

Sunday, April 18, 2004

25 little known facts

I was sent a link to J. Scalzi's homework asingment today and thought I would give it a shot. 25 little known facts about me, one of which no one living has any idea about.


1) I have had gray hair since I was in my early 30's, and now am almost all silver on top (at 53?). I don't even bother to color my hair any longer, as there is just too much gray!


2) I been working as a physical therapist for 31 years this August, except for 9 months when Bob and I owned and operated our pizza/sandwich shop and was just getting it started. Even then I did some work as a PT for fill in at a private practice and weekend coverage at a nursing home.


3) I still love my job, and almost feel lost when I have too much time off.


4) I am one of two daughters, the baby by 6 years. My sister was not very pleased to have me come along, she was very jealous of me, and we didn't become close until she married and moved out of the house.


5) I was painfully shy as a child, and used the technique of making fun of myself first as a way of laughing at myself before others would have a chance to.


6) I married my best friend, and with his death, mourned that loss of friendship as much as losing my lover and husband.


7) I have a hard time making friends, but I have many aquaintances. Many of those aquaintances would say that they are my very dear friends.


8) I used to babysit for a family near my home from the age of 13 until 18. The father exposed himself to me once by asking me to bring him a towel and he was standing at the bedroom door naked. It didn't take me long to catch on, and the next time he called for me to come to the back of the house I sent one of his daughters instead. He quit needless to say.


9) I don't confide much of my inner thoughts or feelings to others. I tend to listen more than speak.


10) When Bob died I couldn't stand to be touched by anyone. My mom tried to put her arms around me as I was being told that he was gone, but I couldn't stand the weight of her arms. Now, I can't get enough hugs from the grand nieces and nephews.


11) I used to love to read, but haven't really done any serious reading in years. I hate self help books, someone elses opinion of what they think is best. My life experiences are my lessons in how to treat others and in turn be treated.


12) I love to drive, anywhere, most anytime.


13) I hate to clean house, and usually do just what is needed when it is needed. Dust bunnies are another form of wildlife in my home, they are nurtured and cared for carefully.


14) I love the color green, and the number 3.


15) My favorite time of year is early spring, and then fall.


16) My fantasy home is a place on the ocean off the coast of Maine.


17) I just got my house paid for this past year, and now the things that need fixin are rearing their ugly little heads.


18) I live with Kelly (golden retriever) and Serena (long hair black and white domestic cat).


19) My first dog was a black cocker spaniel (he was actually my sisters dog, but I thought he was mine, so that must count for something).


20) I love most any kind of music, and prefer light comedies to heavy movies.


21) When I was younger, I used to eat mustard on my scrambled eggs.


22) I seldom dream, and if I do, I don't remember them.


23) I still enjoy getting a meal together, but most of the time don't bother. Too easy to get the junk food.


24) I am finding my way spiritually, day by day. I am really pleased with my progress.


25) All in all, I think I'm doing pretty well. I sing my lullaby which gives me comfort, and know that I have come a long way.



lab2401 at 1:17:00 AM EDT Link to this entry
This entry has 4 comments: (Add your own)
We have a Gsd/rottie mix named,Sasha,4 birds,some fish and rabbit,named Smudge. Your list was wonderful. http://journals.aol.com/lilrazcal79/ConfessionofanOridinaryMind
Comment from lilrazcal79 - 4/20/04 1:06 PM

#8 Great Job!! Thanks!
Vince
Comment from deabvt - 4/18/04 11:44 AM

I had said if any one figured out the one thing that no one living has ever known, that I would have to shoot them.

Mumsy, do you have any last requests before I give you your last cigarette and a blindfold?
Auntie Lynda
Comment from lab2401 - 4/18/04 10:43 AM

Was it #10?
Comment from haikulike - 4/18/04 10:27 AM

No comments: