Monday, April 19, 2004

4/19/04 a step in the right direction

Monday, April 19, 2004

a step in the right direction

There is now slightly more room in my garage this morning. The garage sale went off Saturday and Sunday as scheduled?, so says my niece D. First off, I thought this thing was scheduled before Christmas last year, at least that was the plan when they started loading up the extra bay in the garage just before Thanksgiving. But, I can't complain I guess. They did clear out just enough stuff to make a dent ... and judging by the stuff that is left, there should only be about 4 more weekends involved!

D, C and the kids stayed over on Saturday night, as there was no sense going home. They had brought their 2 dogs with them, so decided it would be easier to get an earlier start if they were already here. Thus, I ended up having a sleep over with two of my sweetie pies. I have a crib set up in one bedroom, so M was there, and mommy and daddy slept in the other bed in that room. And CJ slept with me. (My other bedroom is a catch all, and the only way you can sleep in there is if you can clear a path.)

CJ is a good bed partner, doesn't hog the bed or the covers, only a foot in the back once or twice, and boy, what a neat way to wake up in the early morning hours ... and I mean the REALLY early morning hours. To set the scene, I didn't get my shower and into bed myself until after 2am on Sunday morning. At 6 or somewhere around there later that morning (needless to say it was hard to focus on the clock), I hear this little voice beside me saying...

CJ: Auntie Lyn? Auntie Lyn the sun is almost coming up! Won't be long now, will it?
Me: No it wont CJ, be quiet, we don't want to wake M or your mom and dad.
CJ: I didn't know we was spending the night. Is my mom and dad here?
Me: Yes, they're in M's room sleeping, shhhhh! now be quiet.
CJ: ok, is Bikini and Ero here? we will rest here until the sun is up, OK?
Me: yes, Bikini and Ero are here too, they're outside sleeping in the garage. Now be quiet and don't wake anybody up.

About a minute later I hear a little giggle and snort from my bed partner.

Me: what are you laughing at?
CJ: Kelly just licked me. (as I listen to Kelly's tail thumping on the bed)
Me: in my most convincing whispered voice, Kelly, go back to bed...NOW!
CJ: giggling , she loves me Auntie Lyn,
Me: shhhhhh! We don't want to wake the others up.

Up he pops and looks out the window. All excited now he says...look Auntie Lyn, see that yellow line over there. That's the sun, its here now so we can get up. Will you go out and watch me jump?

As I roll my eyes and shake my head trying to clear it for the day I roll out of bed. But what a way to start a day.



lab2401 at 9:31:00 AM EDT Link to this entry
This entry has 0 comments: (Add your own)

No comments: