Wednesday, April 21, 2004

4/21/04 drumming fingers

Wednesday, April 21, 2004

drumming fingers

I am sitting here waiting for the computer repairman to get here. Don't you just love it, when they give you such a vague time frame of: sometime after 1 pm, and before 4:30 pm. Makes the whole day a waste, as I can't make definite plans for the afternoon.

I got this comic out of an old recipe box that my mom brought over today. Thought is was cute and wanted to share it. It is out of a newspaper dated October, 1966. It's hard to imagine that back in 1966 this was our concept of what computer life would be like. Here we are in 2004, some 38 years later and we operate from something as small as a credit card and can comunicate with someone in a blink of an eye. Repair man arrived at 2:15, and 10 mins later he was out the door. Had to replace one of my CD drives, as it had quit working.

I had stopped this entry whe the computer was being repaired. Decided to get back to it tonight. Went to see S this afternoon after the repair man left. She is doing really well the past week. I took her a fish sandwich from Micky D's with a vanilla shake. She ate every last morsel of it. S is calm, collected and together tonight. Such a nice visit. Her hand is healing slowly, not as black and blue, and less swelling. She is also able to open and close her fingers better with less pain. The doctors office never got back to me with an appointment, but I'm not too concerned really, knowing that there is nothing that they would do for it anyway. She and I got to talking about her past, and she had some hard times and crying spells, which she hates. I stressed to her how important it is to get those tears out to the surface. S is questioning her beliefs and her own mortality since becoming so ill. She was apparently raised without a sense of a higher power or God, and feels that her time here on this earth is limited. She fears the nothingness of death, not having faith to lean on. Yet she related a story of her brothers passing that should end her fears. She stated that she was with her brother when he drew his last breath, and just moments before he died, he said "Oh my God, dad, isn't it beautiful?" She asked me, do you think he was in my dads presence? My answer, of course he was...in the presence of his Father, and his dad.



lab2401 at 11:36:00 PM EDT Link to this entry
This entry has 1 comments: (Add your own)
    Well said, though I still cling to Agnosticism... maybe not for long.
    Comment from haikulike - 4/22/04 8:02 PM

No comments: