Friday, June 11, 2004

6/11/04 good news

Friday, June 11, 2004

good news

Well happy birthday to me one day early! From my nephew, good news.

It appears that I may become a Great Auntie once again, thanks to my nephew S, and his wife D. They have been trying so desperately since their son was about 1 year old, (G, or better known as Auntie's 'bear' will be 5 this November), but D had so many miscarriages and couldn't seem to get a little one to stick. But it seems that has all changed about 4 weeks ago. They have been undergoing shots, in vitro, artificial insemination, just about anything and everything that science can throw in their direction for almost 2½ years now. It had gotten to the point that even I voluntered to stand on my head if it would help! ;0)

I am praying that this little one ... or little one's, what ever the case may be, stick, and that the blood tests tomorrow show that all the numbers are multiplying at the rate that they are supposed to. I did find out that D will have to give herself a blood thinning shot every day up until the 36th week of pregnancy, that is apparently part of the difficulties. Don't ask me, too futuristic for this old Auntie. Should everything go according to plan, will welcome another wee one or one's for a birthday in Feb. As it is, my dad, brother in law, great niece, and niece are all in Feb, so one or two more wont make much more of a difference!

Here is a picture of niece D with the bear in the hat, and my other great nephew, rabit. This was taken last year at G's 4th birthday. Two weeks later it was little blondies birthday, he turned 4 also.



lab2401 at 11:44:00 PM EDT Link to this entry
This entry has 2 comments: (Add your own)
Happy Birthday and such great news!!!!


Here's praying that the whole thing goes well and you get that great neice or nephew as planned.

:)
Comment from ckays1967 - 6/12/04 10:19 PM

Happy Birthday, GREAT auntie lyn! YESTERDAY? crap.
Wishing you all your wishes come true...

bunches of squeezes~~
mumsy
Comment from haikulike - 6/12/04 9:15 PM

No comments: