Thursday, June 17, 2004

6/17/04 at peace

Thursday, June 17, 2004
at peace

It's almost too calm. The kind of calm that can give you the heebie jeebies, but... things seem to be going smoothly in my life at the present moment. Makes me want to wait for the other shoe to drop, but it is so peacefull, it's not worth waiting for. I went to see S last night and she is doing so well. She is a little nervous, but nothing really serious, nothing she is not handling well on her own. Lately she has been dismissing me when I am visiting her rather than me saying, S I need to get going, it's getting late and the animals need their dinner. Instead, for the past 2 or 3 weeks, she has been saying to me, ok Lynda, you need to go home now, thanks for coming by, drive carefully, etc. Last night I accused her of having a boyfriend in there. She just smiled and said, I wouldn't know what to do with one. Then she added, but I wouldn't mind trying it just one more time before I leave this world! Sometimes I can't believe the things that comes out of her mouth. But she is back to her old self, and doing very well considering the many difficulties she has.

Saturday I'm off to a dance recital for my great niece, , who is the 6 year old daughter of my oldest nephew and his wife. A has been taking dance classes since she was 4, and my mom, dad and I travel the 2½ hours to go to her recitals every year. This year when she asked me, she said "and I'm going to be in 2 numbers this year Auntie Lyn, tap and ballet. You are going to come see me dance aren't you?" I made out like I had to really give it consideration, finally saying, "I guess we can get there if we try hard enough." (As if you could even begin to resist them when they ask so sweetly.) Little does she know that I wouldn't miss it for the world, and it warms my heart so when she asks.

So all in all, things are good for me presently. I'm at peace at who and where I am.



lab2401 at 9:07:00 AM EDT Link to this entry
This entry has 2 comments: (Add your own)
It is good to have found the peace I know I searched and it didnt come till I quit searching and just let it happen. ANyhow also thanks for visiting my journal. I have added yours to the list I visit john http://journals.aol.com/dymphna103/LosingIt/
Comment from dymphna103 - 6/19/04 3:11 PM

Good for you.
V
Comment from deabvt - 6/18/04 4:55 AM

No comments: