Tuesday, June 29, 2004

6/29/04 gearing up

Tuesday, June 29, 2004
gearing up


Can't wait to see all that our journal community will come up with to celebrate the 1st year anniversary. I have come up with a couple of haiku's and have sent them on to Mumsy. I have given my permission to copy, quote, steal anything from journal that might be useful to whoever is interested. I keep checking the journals and the boards to keep on top of the action. Getting more and more excited!

I took John Scalzi's advice regarding the net browser, and downloaded Mozilla Firefox, and love it so far. It does seem faster than IE for some reason. I sign onto AOL, then sign onto Firefox and do my web surfing from there. At the present time I am putting my favorite places on there. I am trying this entry by way of Firefox also. Will see what it does.

Went to see S yesterday after work. She continues to do well. Got a call from her psychiatrist on Friday evening, Dr. A, he wanted my permission to try her on another memory drug. He and I discussed the fact that her memory is very good, and what was he hoping to accomplish. His thoughts, that they would assist her with her learning new things now, and remembering them. I asked, what is she not remembering? His response: well, the nurses state she wont call them when she wants to get into and out of bed, and many times they find her on the commmode without calling them. I reminded him that she is almost blind, and that she does go to the nurses station to ask for assistance with the commode, but many times cannot find someone to assist her. She is not incontinent, and will take herself in there rather than soiling herself. Also, she is a nervous type person, used to moving a lot, she is used to getting up and down off the bed and into her wheelchair when she wants. She is transfering safely, and there is no reason for them to try to keep her in one place. He did agree with me, and we will wait on the medications for a while to see how things progress with her. I reminded him that she is very sensitive to medications with a long list of allergies, and that if it is not absolutely necessary, I would rather not puther on meds. At the end of our conversation, he concured with me. (Thank God!)

I never thought of what it would mean to take power of attorney/health care surrogate for someone before, especially when they are not even related. At times I think it is way more responsibility than I can handle, but at the end of the day, I know that I am doing my best with S's needs. She is so appreciative of all that I do, and that helps. She trusts me to do what she would want done, and many times apologizes for the inconviences to me. My response: S...when you get to heaven and look back down, send someone to take care of me with my interests in their heart. That will be payment enough for me.



lab2401 at 11:46:00 AM EDT Link to this entry
This entry has 5 comments: (Add your own)
    {{{{{Auntie Lynn}}}}} I'm new to your journals and have fallen in love with your graphics which I've recently seen in other journals as well as here in yours now. I'd like to thank you very much for displaying the torch and helping light the way to the AOL Journals 1st Anniversary Festivities.

    You have the spirit and thank you for spreading it!

    Vivian (aka JlandAnniversary AKA VivianSulliNwank)
    Comment from jlandanniversary - 7/2/04 9:03 PM

    Thanks for this allowance of using your "stuff!" We included your banner in our regular journal entry today ... Just seems to fit our sparkly mood with all that is going around in L-land! Love too your picture of a very happy niece ... Very precious! Thanks again for being such a good sharerer. You'd make your kindergarten teacher proud!

    http://journals.aol.com/aynetal3/AynsMPDWorld/entries/557
    Comment from aynetal3 - 7/2/04 2:21 PM

    omg, I like the new birthday party graphic just as well. I'm tellin' the powers that be.
    Comment from haikulike - 7/2/04 2:11 PM

    cool, cool-- I still say this is the best graphic. I'm not waitin' any longer to see if all those supposed graphic artists come up with one. this is MY fave!
    Your peacock poem is up in the #2 journal! <<== thanks so much!! 'kumumsy, hai'leigh Comment from haikulike - 7/1/04 10:52 AM

    You`re doing a wonderful job! I know God thanks you.
    V
    Comment from deabvt - 6/29/04 11:56 AM

No comments: