Sunday, July 11, 2004

7/11/04 popsicles in 'ku

Sunday, July 11, 2004

popsicles in 'ku

Mr Scalzi, our resident bloging expert (see picture), has requested in his latest homework assignment, that we tell what our favorite snack food is, and write about it in haiku form. That is a poem generally made up of 17 syllables, 5 in the first line, 7 in the second and 5 in the third. For those that need practice at this form of poetry, please check out my favorite place on the net, Interactive Haiku. Tell kumumsy that Auntie Lyn sent you, and get the discount.

My favorite treat since I was a just a kid, is a cold, sweet, smooth... POPSICLE




my popsicle treat,
eaten on hot summer days...
a very cool sweet!



Problem now is that I have to watch the calories, carbohydrates, fat, etc. But luckily for me, I have found these.

diet popsicles,
my dreams come true, makes me think...
instead of one? two!





lab2401 at 10:18:00 AM EDT Link to this entry
This entry has 7 comments: (Add your own)
    Id really go for 3 john
    Comment from dymphna103 - 7/13/04 2:29 PM

    Great Journal. Love the graphics! Thank you for the kind words regarding my AOL Journals poem. God bless,
    Mark
    http://journals.aol.com/mgraves6033/HumorousVerse/

    Comment from mgraves6033 - 7/12/04 10:54 AM

    Hi Auntie Lyn,

    Just read ALL your pages-clicked on your picture in the ABOUT ME section. You are a remarkable lady. Thank you for sharing your love and your life with us. I enjoyed reading all about you.

    HOW did you get all of that info into the ABOUT ME section? Mine will not hold hardly anything...especially graphics.

    Love your popsicles...I love dreamsicles too. I am a kid from the 50's and those two things, oh and sno cones kept the ice cream man in business on my street. : )

    LOVE your journal....
    Sharon
    http://journals.aol.com/spurgins311/LovingIt




    Comment from dafy2u - 7/12/04 1:42 AM

    Look at you carrying the torch and getting jiggy with the Scalsi assignments! YAY! :-) And you're right. You're About Me section is VERY orginal. Me like! Me like!
    Comment from goldenchildnc - 7/11/04 9:59 PM

    super duper ku-ul.

    And I will get it into the album by the 15th. Right now, AOL and I are having issues.


    Comment from haikulike - 7/11/04 5:48 PM

    Loved the graphics too. Hope your popsicles don't melt. They look real enough too.
    Nice journal. *Barb*
    Comment from barbpinion - 7/11/04 5:02 PM

    LOL! I loved the graphics......So colorful. They made me smile a lot! : )
    Comment from readmereadyou - 7/11/04 4:26 PM

No comments: