Sunday, July 18, 2004

7/18/04 float

Sunday, July 18, 2004
float

Well here it is, my family float for the AOL j-land parade. Not having children of my own, my nieces and nephews mean the absolute world to me, and they have given me some very good reasons to keep putting one foot in front of the other. They each help me sing my lullaby to soothe my soul. So far I have 6 grand nieces and nephews that make getting up in the mornings worth the time and effort (and there is one more on the way due here Feb 23, 2005.

The Auntie Lyn Sandbox Float



The players include:
Auntie Lyn in the tower, Avery to the left followed by Megan,
Garrett, Amanda, Brooke, and CJ.

I am so blessed with my journal. I have touched fingertips with some amazing people and have come away better for it. We have here what I call a FOC, or a family of choice. When something huge happens in your life (in my case my husbands death), and you have to figure out who you can and can't depend on, you learn to create a FOC, or a 'family of choice' for a cushion of sorts. That is what this J-Land is like. You find journals that you are drawn to, and before you know it, you begin to think of them as almost part of your family. You worry about them, their decisions and goals, you find joy in their accomplishments and blessings, and you cry with them with their losses. You even find yourself defending them if you feel they have been unjustly attacked. AOL Journals is truly a Family Of Choice.

Enough of the serious stuff, lets get down and have a party!






lab2401 at 11:58:00 PM EDT Link to this entry
This entry has 14 comments: (Add your own)
    I love it so much.....LOL
    http://journals.aol.com/bernmilo/WAYNEATOPICTURES
    Comment from bernmilo - 7/30/04 10:50 AM

    Your float is AWESOME!!!!!!! ~~Angela~~
    Comment from momdadat447 - 7/29/04 7:54 PM

    love your float

    kathy
    Comment from onestrangecat - 7/29/04 3:47 PM

    Love your float nice pictures
    Comment from derasta - 7/29/04 11:00 AM

    Beautiful float! And the FOC is so true! I am blessed with my FOC:)
    ~Laura
    http://journals.aol.com/mischiefnga/MischiefsMusings
    Comment from mischiefnga - 7/20/04 9:34 PM

    Beautiful float... and cute pics. *Misty* http://journals.aol.com/faygodaze07/FallingDown/
    Comment from faygodaze07 - 7/20/04 2:56 PM

    Wonderful float!
    Comment from sweetmelissa4u - 7/20/04 7:23 AM

    Yeaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! Terrific!
    V
    Comment from deabvt - 7/19/04 7:39 PM

    wow, this was an awesome pitcure and what you said about "family of choice" rings true. i've had to depend on my "foc" in my life more times than i can remember and i thank God everyday for bringing these ppl into my life. glad i stumbled upon your journal.... http://journals.aol.com/viarbooba/DONETTASTRAINWRECKOFLIFE
    Comment from viarbooba - 7/19/04 7:15 PM

    This is fabulous! Worth the work AUntie Lyn! Thank you ...see ya at the parade!
    TJ
    DailyRoundTrips
    Comment from tjexpressions - 7/19/04 3:28 PM

    I LOVE your float!!!
    Comment from somenuttychic - 7/19/04 1:08 PM

    Ya got that right. Your float is as extra special as you are, Lullabye Lynda.
    ~~Auntie Sam, who doesn't even know the names of all her grand nieces and nephews. Joe has an enormous, scattered family--and mine is right the other side of this monitor, close and germ-free. (just kidding) My sis and I this very night are planning a reunion with an aunt and a cousin we haven't seen in almost 40 years. So what am I also planning? To meet my favorite journal poet-pal Christina, who lives in the same state!
    (mumsy)
    Comment from haikulike - 7/19/04 1:00 AM

    What a precious, delightful float. Pretty great to have your nieces and nephews aboard. I am so happy to have you in the Journal community. Truly. The people here have become my second family. I love them all. take care. Barb from...
    http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/BOTHSIDESOFTHECOIN/
    Comment from barbpinion - 7/19/04 12:42 AM


    What a HAPPY float! I just love it! You did that yourself? You're amazing.

    Angela
    Comment from readmereadyou - 7/19/04 12:41 AM

No comments: