Thursday, July 08, 2004

7/8/04 mixed bag of emotions

Thursday, July 8, 2004
mixed bag of emotions

61 years today!


July 8, 1943-July 8, 2004

Today is the 61st anniversary of my parents marriage. Above is their wedding picture. When they stood there for this picture, I wonder what their hopes and dreams were. What were they hoping for as far as family, children? Where were they thinking they wanted to live, what kind of living were they hoping to have? Were they thinking that 61 years later they would be here with their family celebrating birthdays and anniversaries? Today they are waiting for their second grandson and his wife to come from the sonagram with news of their little one (or one's) that is/are on the way. This will make their 7th great grandchild (or more as the case may be), and I must admit, they are as excited as if it were the first. Mom said, "Be sure and give me a call so I can tell you the news!"




left to right:
top:Auntie Lyn, Daddy, brother/law Bruce, sissy DiAnna
2nd:CJ (Dee&Chris'),niece Dee, Mom holding Megan (Dee&Chris'), niece/law Dawn
3rd:nephew/law Chris, nephew Bruce, nephew Steve
4th:Brooke (Bruce&Molly's), niece/law Molly, Avery (Bruce&Molly's), Garrett (Steve&Dawn's)

So this weekend we are having a celebration!!!
Brooke's second birthday, Avery's 7th birthday, Dee's 33rd birthday, and Mom and Daddy's 61st anniversary.

So with all this to be thankful for, it is somehow pathetic that I am feeling so melancholy. But...it's during times like that these that I miss Bob the most. I miss sharing my feelings with him, and his teasing me about my thoughts. I miss his taking part in the planning of the celebrations, and getting the ball rolling. I miss his interaction with my mom and dad, making them feel as if they were his parents as wellas mine, and making them feel as if they were the two most important people in the world. I miss that he never got to know these grand nieces and nephews, he loved kids. It's times like today that I really MISS my best friend.


lab2401 at 11:31:00 AM EDT Link to this entry
This entry has 6 comments: (Add your own)
{{{{{Auntie Lyn}}}} wow what a blessing 61 years together! I love the group picture! {{{{{Lyn}}}}} It sounds like Bob was a wonderful man and that he provided you with many wonderful memories!

Vivian
Comment from jlandanniversary - 7/10/04 4:34 PM

Just found your journal, thanks to link from Vivian about the graphics. Thanks for the use of the graphics, sure has been fun with all the AOL J-land 1 yr. anniversary stuff going on. I enjoyed your journal, followed up on the Mozilla firefox you had posted, having previously read John's entry. Guess I better download it and give it a try. Pretty scary with all the stuff happening against IE. Take care, Terri (http://journals.aol.com/hsent/YaYaDuchess and MyPhotojournal)
Comment from hsent - 7/10/04 4:16 PM

You sure have a nice looking family. Congradulations to your Mom and Dad for all those yrs. I'm so sorry you miss your Buddy so badly,some wounds nevr heal. The shirt for J.Land ann. is really nice. Is anyone selling them, do you know. I could print a copy & take it to the T-Shirt store at the mall to get one made up. Thanks for sharing.
Comment from fatcatskinycat - 7/9/04 3:31 AM

I got chills looking at that first picture. What a gorgeous couple and 61 YEARS!!!!!!!! God bless them. I love happy stuff like that. I'm a big mush. : )
Comment from readmereadyou - 7/8/04 7:19 PM

Thanks Barb for the sweet comment on my J-land t-shirts. Hope everyone grabs one to watch the celebrations. Just heard from my Mom, we have one baby coming from Steve and Dawn... baby looks good, measures at 7½ weeks, and is right on schedule. God is so good.

As far as my best friend, I was so very fortunate to marry my best friend, my only regret is that he died before we had spent our 60 years with each other. As it was, we had almost 22 years together.

Love and Blessings,
Auntie Lyn
Comment from lab2401 - 7/8/04 12:05 PM

I love the shirts you made for the AOL celebration. How sweet of you. And I am so moved by this entry. It is so wonderful, the closeness of your family. So sorry you are missing your best friend. *Barb*
Comment from barbpinion - 7/8/04 11:39 AM

No comments: