Monday, August 02, 2004

8/2/04 hail to vivian!

Monday, August 2, 2004
hail to vivian!
Ecstatic



Congratulations Vivian!

This couldn't have happened to a nicer person!

I did not know Vivian that well before these j-land anniversary projects. I had visited her journal and was awed at all she did, and all those who commented and called her friend. I responded to a call from Mumsy asking for some haiku for the j-land anniversary celebration along with any graphics we may want to add. (In case you don't know it already, whatever Mumsy wants, Mumsy gets!)

But I digress...

I created a graphic I was proud of and sent it off to Mumsy, and apparently she shared it with Vivian and the Anniversary Committee. Vivian, from the famous NwanyiomasJournal shot me off an email thanking me for my contribution, and swelling my head by telling me how nice the graphic was, and would I like to join her and others to work on the preparations for the celebrations?
I was so excited to be asked to be part of it all by Vivian, and was thrilled when she would visit my journal and leave those loving comments. It was never a bother to do things for her, even when she requested I do a t-shirt for her in red. She goes out of her way to make a person feel so good about themselves, and that is something that goes a long way in this world.

Gregg has seen fit to do something for Vivian that the rest of us have thought about but didn't know enough to do on our own. He has created the "Torch Bearer Award" in honor of Vivian, for all she does to make this j-land community a family, and taking time to let each of us know that we are special in some way. Thank you Gregg for this, and all you do here in j-land. But most of...

Thank You Vivian for being you!!!!

lab2401 at 10:15:00 AM EDT Link to this entry
This entry has 5 comments: (Add your own)
    AMEN, AUNTIE LYN!!! AMEN!!!!!!

    You hit the nail on the head too. I only took small steps to make a reality of the thoughts of so many people who love her to pieces! :-) And I couldn't have done it without the help of many others who gave me their opinions on design and things like that.

    Vivian has that special, rare gift -- she makes ANYONE feel better about themselves and what they're doing all the time. It's something that's so hard to pinpoint, so hard to explain in words. But you and the others have done a wonderful job of doing just that! Thanks so much for taking the time to pay tribute to this increddible woman!
    Comment from goldenchildnc - 8/2/04 11:08 PM

    Vivian, see how much we all love you and you do so much good and spread so much sunshine. ((((((((((Vivian))))))))))))

    God bless you,
    Angela
    Comment from readmereadyou - 8/2/04 3:14 PM

    Great entry! and it's so true, it couldn't have happened to a nicer person. :)
    great job!
    Comment from babyshark28 - 8/2/04 12:27 PM

    Aww! Beautifully Written.
    V
    Comment from deabvt - 8/2/04 12:00 PM

    what a beautiful entry !! i can't believe how many lives Vivian has touched in such a positive, inspiring way :)
    you seem to have captured Vivians personality .. the wonderful traits that make her such a valuable treasure to all the members of the journaling community
    thank you so much for sharing your thoughts :)
    pamela
    Comment from his1desire - 8/2/04 11:57 AM

No comments: