Tuesday, August 03, 2004

8/3/04 9 years

Tuesday, August 3, 2004
9 years
Quiet



9 years ... Nine Years ... one year less than 10 ... 8 years more than 1

Early this morning I began a journey down one more year. It passed without fanfare, just sort of slip-sliding into my mind. The concept is still so very difficult for me to grasp at times. If I close my eyes, it's 9 years and 1 day ago, and Bob was teasing me about trying to drive to patients home in the after affects of the hurricane Erin, convincing me to stay home and play with him. And I did just that, and we had a wonderful day together. For that I am eternally grateful.

I miss my best friend, I miss my lover and playmate,
I miss the one person that completed me.
I miss my other half...

Robert Louis Buck
5/8/48 ~ 8/3/95



my homepage with our story

a memorial page for find a grave


lab2401 at 9:57:00 AM EDT Link to this entry
This entry has 7 comments: (Add your own)
{{{{Lyn}}}}
Comment from mom23nca - 8/3/04 9:36 PM

The markers, the anniversaries, can be so difficult, but they can also be that reminder, that day of happy memories.

I hope your memories were happy today.

~~ jennifer
Comment from xzasporated1 - 8/3/04 8:01 PM

Lyn, a beautiful tribute and I know that there was so much love there. Thanks for allowing us to share this. john
Comment from dymphna103 - 8/3/04 5:10 PM

What a wonderful tribute. My love goes out to you. I'm a widow myself but we were separated for a long time before he died. Your loss is much more profound and I feel for you. He was too young to leave. I'm so sorry.
Comment from readmereadyou - 8/3/04 4:31 PM

Lyn, I'm so very sorry for your loss, and I was touched by the love story you two shared. I only hope that I can find someone so wonderful as your beloved Bob.

~tara
Comment from pollysci - 8/3/04 3:00 PM

Lyn, I`m so sorry. My prayers are with you & Bob. A beautiful tribute!
V
Comment from deabvt - 8/3/04 11:30 AM

Lyn, I will be thinking about you and sending you energy. You and Bob deserved more time together, and I hope someday, in some way you con be reunited. With love and blessings, Margo
Comment from magogos - 8/3/04 10:55 AM

No comments: