Tuesday, November 15, 2005

11/15/05 How to go about it

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

How to go about it

Feeling the need to begin this journal again. I continue to read some of my favorites, but have not had the inclination to write in so many, many months. For some reason, I feel a push today.

Life has been quiet since my last post. I have slowly adjusted to not running to be at the nursing home 3 or 4 days a week now. I miss Sadie, but would not wish her back for all the tea in China. I am slowly getting her stuff sorted, and will send her personal stuff to her niece. It has taken me a while to get the task done.

"All the tea in China"... I wonder how that little saying got started? It reminds me of the many sayings and rhymes I have picked up from my grandmother and my mother. Things like these - "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride."; and "Everyone to their own taste, said the old lady as she kissed the cow."; and "Everyone is crazy except Thee and Me, and sometimes I have my doubts about Thee!". I have some really wild rhymes and ditty's from my mother-in-law, but most of those are pretty rank. She was never known to hold back, when a thought hit her brain, her mouth opened and out it popped. Things like the poem below would just roll out of her.
"O my gosh almighty!
A mouse crawled up my nighty!
He bit my tit, and made me shit,
No wonder I'm so flighty!"

I think I am going to make a point of writing them all down when I think of them. There is one that rhymes with pink pink, and every time I hear the word pink it pops into my head. Bob was good at song parody. There are a few songs that when the music starts, his words come into my head and not the real words of the song. "Out in the west Texas town of El Paso, ..." Better not go there.

Well, enough garbage for now.


Cute little porcupine babies only a mother could love...



lab2401 at 8:56:00 AM EST Link to this entry

This entry has 0 comments: (Add your own)

No comments: