Thursday, December 11, 2003

12/11/03 Procrsatinate

Thursday, December 11, 2003
procrastinate

8:40am. PROCRASTINATE

Of course, I need to be thinking about getting out to work, and here I sit, playing on this computer and thinking about how to get started on this journal. I think of procrastination as an art form, which I have learned very well by the way. At times I am amazed at how long I can sit doing something so nonsensical as playing a game of Nabisco Mah-Jongg knowing that there is more pressing business that needs to be done, and really not feeling that bad that I'm not getting any of it done. If you look up the word, procrastinate (to put off action from time to time, to delay) you might see my picture there. I try to limit myself to procrastinating about only one thing at a time, but that is difficult at best. At times I procrastinate about procrastinating. Not sure if that makes sense or not, but... Christmas is only 14 days away now, and needless to say nothing on my end is even started. I have such grand plans at Thanksgiving, my head is full of good thoughts, but then good ole 'procrastinator' rears his ugly head and all those plans go down the drain. It's not like this is anything new, after all I am 53 years old and am a pro at this. Well, guess it is time to quit playing this game this morning and get to it.

PROCRASTINATORS UNITE!

Well, maybe we could play one more game and then unite??



lab2401 at 9:14:00 AM EST Link to this entry
This entry has 3 comments: (Add your own)
    Move over, lab girl! I'm a splendiferous procrastinator also. Anyone who knows me knows this. I haven't even STARTED my Christmas shopping. Of course, I did just have knee surgery. It's a good excuse, don't you think?

    Welcome to the AOL-J Community. I'm at http://journals.aol.com/andreakingme/Unhinged if you want to see my digs.

    Comment from andreakingme - 12/15/03 7:42 PM

    As I sit playing my pogo games, day after day I understand just what your saying. So very sad your husband, passing in your arms. I had the scare with my husband this past March, He was very lucky to catch, with Quad by pass surgry. It's hard to imagine how I'd get along without him....
    Comment from bbeckyl - 12/15/03 4:09 PM

    I have an entry in my journal titled, "I am the great procrastinator," so you do indeed have company in the procrastinating department. I always mean to do better tomorrow, but I neve, ever do...
    Comment from karensull12 - 12/15/03 10:14 AM

No comments: