Tuesday, December 23, 2003

12/23/03 Getting in the Christmas spirit

Tuesday, December 23, 2003
Getting in the Christmas spirit
Picture from Hometown

It's beginning to feel more like Christmas... bout time! Hopefully this will post. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed :o)

I can't believe it. It really took the post. So now I am trying to add more text in edit and see if it will add/save it. Could it be that Santa has worked his magic on the AOL gremlins?

Today has been a day for remembrance for me, of loved ones who are no longer physically with me. Bob's cousins wife Jan has been on my mind mostly this past week. Jan and I were the two outlaws who came into the family about the same time. She became a good friend to me, as much family as if we were blood related. Jan just left us last month at the age of 54. She had battled Lou Gehrigs disease about 3½ years. I am sad thinking of how she was when she passed. Lou Gehrigs is a nasty rotten disease, it locks a person in a body that cannot respond. The mind is clear, but entombed in that shell. I couldn't be with my family at her passing, and I wanted to offer them a note of comfort. I wrote and asked them to lean down and tell Jan that I love her, and that Bob would be right there waiting for her. But for her not to look for him in that wheelchair that he used in this world, for he no longer had need of that. That he would be standing there with his arm outstretched for her to walk beside him. They read my note to her and Jerry said she relaxed, and smiled slightly, and then about 10 or 15 mins later, drifted into a coma never to awaken from it.

It saddens me to know that she will not be celebrating Christmas with Jerry this year, and that he is making his way painfully down that grief road. It saddens me that her two girls will miss their mom in their lives, and will miss watching their children grow. Mostly, I miss my friend, Jan.



lab2401 at 10:03:00 PM EST Link to this entry
This entry has 2 comments: (Add your own)
    This comment has more to do with you helping me out with the editing problem. THANK YOU! I was finally able to make changes to the layout of my journal. =)
    Comment from fallinfaery05 - 12/25/03 10:24 PM

    It doesn't feel like Christmas at all here,, just another night!
    Comment from pinksparkle0022 - 12/24/03 3:48 PM

No comments: