Sunday, December 14, 2003

12/14/03 some musings

Sunday, December 14, 2003
some musings

I made a decision for myself this year that there was nothing that anyone could possibly get me for Christmas that I needed, or if I wanted it bad enough that I wouldn't have already purchased it. I came up with the idea for myself that whoever had my name would buy for a needy child at my niece's elementary school, picking a name off the "Teddy Bear Tree". All of the adults in my family decided this was a good way to go. So the 50-60 dollars that was normally spent by each of us on each other, was spent on a needy child. (We usually would draw names among the adults and spend 50-60 dollars on each other.) As a family last night, we all went out to dinner and then went shopping for our "Teddy Bear" gifts. My parents and I had a family of 3 children. The 6 year old is in first grade at the school, and he has 2 brothers, one aged 2½, and one aged 1. We each spent our Christmas money on them buying them clothes, shoes, socks, a toy that they wanted, etc. We ended the evening at 1:30 am this morning at my nieces wrapping and tagging the gifts getting them ready to take to the school on Tuesday. I feel as if I got something accomplished yesterday! My Christmas season is finally here. I have so many things to be thankful for.



lab2401 at 12:01:00 PM EST Link to this entry
This entry has 4 comments: (Add your own)
You are a NICE gal. I know you don't know me from Jane Schmo, but I really mean that compliment.

And I'm truly sorry about your husband, but I guess if one is going to die (and we all are some day), doing so quickly and painlessly in a loved one's arms is the way to go.

Comment from andreakingme - 12/15/03 7:44 PM

What a beautiful "All About Me" that is and what a wonderful looking family! Enjoy your week - I've just created my blog here on AOL and happened upon yours.

*kiss*
Comment from shesadevilsangel - 12/15/03 2:06 PM

I like the idea of giving back to others when you know you have enough. That's what the season is all about. I love your decription of a lullaby. Wouldn't the world be a much nicer place if we all had our own private lullaby's to sooth our souls when needed. My journal is called Jukebox Woman.
Comment from karensull12 - 12/15/03 10:17 AM

what a beautiful family photo and how smart to color coordinate the branches of your family. You all look so happy, you are lucky.
Comment from kthdelta - 12/15/03 9:41 AM

No comments: