Monday, January 12, 2004

1/12/04 my owl in the garage

Monday, January 12, 2004
my owl in the garage

Visited another journal today, Way Neato Pictures, by bernmilo and s/he posted a picture of an owl in their garage. I just couldn't resist. I have had this baby in my garage for over 3 years now. He can enter and exit through the rafters in the end. He comes and goes at will. Sometimes I will go a few weeks without seeing him, and then all of a sudden he is back. He tends to always be there when I get stressed and need to be calmed down tho.

This picture was taken 6/28/02. I first noticed him the fall of '01. That thing that he is sitting over is a wrench to take the oil thingy out of the car when you change the oil, and that blue thing is a pop-riveter thingy. To get an idea of size, that is a standard 2X4 next to him, and the metal pole is what the electric wires are running in. Yes, this is always the same owl, although he was there with another one once last summer. It was taller, but skinner, and not nearly as brightly colored (must have been the female). Normally it is him only. He lets me get fairly close to him, and when I walk around, you can see him watch me. My niece seems to think it is her Uncle Bob looking out for his garage and making sure I don't screw anything up. Could be, but I know that him being out there makes me feel good.



lab2401 at 10:48:00 PM EST Link to this entry
This entry has 6 comments: (Add your own)
    Your owl is sooo pretty. Thanks for sharing. Paula
    Comment from plieck30 - 1/20/04 11:56 PM

    Wow! this is a really cool entry. glad I stopped by again. Barbpinion
    Comment from barbpinion - 1/14/04 12:41 PM

    How neat. I want my own owl. I hear one outside once in a while, but have never seen it.

    Hans
    Comment from hrmore1956 - 1/14/04 4:25 AM

    Absolutely G R E A T Pic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Is he still around?
    Comment from deabvt - 1/13/04 6:39 PM

    Wow Isnt this just the weirdest thing that we both have owls living in our garage.
    Its way to ironic, I will post more pics just because maybe its the same owl, wouldn't that be weird.
    http://journals.aol.com/bernmilo/WAYNEATOPICTURES
    Comment from bernmilo - 1/13/04 8:35 AM

    I want one!!!!!!!!!!! OMG.. He is adorable. Do you have a name for him?
    Comment from treth468 - 1/12/04 11:24 PM

No comments: