Monday, January 05, 2004

1/5/04 round and round in circles

Monday, January 5, 2004
round and round in circles

I have had this yukky 'cold thing' since Christmas Eve, and am getting sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. At times I think it is getting better, only to wake up the next morning feeling worse. I was unable to go by to see S on Saturday, I just didn't feel that well.

I did get by to see S yesterday. She was totally together, not restless at all, very very clear. It was a wonderful visit, we did speak of Martha and what her living arrangement will most likely be. Her reply, "I'm not surprised, she acted like I was worse that I am when she was here to visit me last Monday". We discussed her finances, what we needed to do, and arranging for her to stay at the Nursing Home indefinately. She wishes she could walk, and see more, she says it would be easier then to stay there. She has more or less resigned herself that this is the way it will be. She gave me a list of things to pick up for her: colonge, toothpaste, some cookies with the candy pieces from WalMart and a few other things. It is so good to see S back to herself. I told her what I have picked up from Martha's so far, a brown suitcase, some of her clothes, and the file box in the bottom of the closet with her old bills and medicare stuff. Her things appear to be smoke and water damaged mainly, I have them laid out in my garage airing out. She told me to look for her green suitcase that was in the closet, she had papers and pictures in there of her son and family that she wanted to keep. I will bring this up to Martha when I talk to her later this week. S has accepted her fate much better than I anticipated, and for that I am grateful.

Now, if I could just get rid of this cold, life might get back to some semblance of normal...



lab2401 at 9:46:00 AM EST Link to this entry
This entry has 1 comments: (Add your own)

No comments: