Wednesday, January 07, 2004

1/7/04 hard day

Wednesday, January 7, 2004
hard day

Not such a good day today. Difficult news to hear from a cousin in S. Florida. Here is the link to their story LisaStrong. Don says that he and Lisa are taking it one day at a time, but at times the enormity of Lisa's loss is almost more than they both can handle.

Lisa went into the hospital the end of September with severe abdominal pain, and was found to have toxic levels of bacteria in her blood from blocked kidney by a stone. Underwent surgery but the toxicity grew, and Lisa's chances for survival were minimal. When she finally emerged from the coma it was to find that her hands and her feet all had dry gangrene because of being deprived of the much needed oxygen seconday to her system failure. Lisa has since undergone amputation of all 4 of her extremities and is learing to live and walk with her prostheses. The above picture was taken this Christmas. It is of Don (my cousin), Lisa, Chloe, and Jesse.

Another case of "there, but for the grace of God, go I".



lab2401 at 10:42:00 PM EST Link to this entry
This entry has 5 comments: (Add your own)
    What a beautiful family. I know God will guide them and you through. Paula
    Comment from plieck30 - 1/12/04 9:24 AM

    Words are inadequate to describe my feelings right now. My prayers are with Lisa and her family, & you, my unknown friend, for your loss. Suffering does indeed teach us compassion and gives us the ability to care deeply for those who are hurting. Please visit my journals: THE REST OF THE STORY, BOTH SIDES OF THE COIN, AND FROM SOLITUDE-FROM SILENCE. I LIKE YOUR JOURNAL. I'LL COME BACK OFTEN. EMAIL ME IF YOU WISH TO CHAT. I LOVE MAKING NEW FRIENDS.

    Barbpinion
    Comment from barbpinion - 1/10/04 9:03 PM

    Lynda, just went to the website and read the story. Please know that I will keep Lisa and her family in my prayers.
    Comment from karensull12 - 1/9/04 12:37 PM

    What a tremendous trial for Lisa to have to endure. I'm happy, though, she made it. Sometimes people surprise me with the strength they show after going through similar situations. I wish Lisa lots of happiness in the future.

    Hans
    Comment from hrmore1956 - 1/9/04 3:43 AM

    Wow Lynda. Race.
    Comment from chapterxxi - 1/8/04 4:27 AM

No comments: