Saturday, January 24, 2004

1/24/04 soup's on

Saturday, January 24, 2004
soup's on

We are supposedly having a cold snap here, so I am making a big pot of soup for tonight's supper.<> Vegtable beef with beef, potatoes, rutabaga, cabbage, corn, green beans, peas, tomatoes and carrots. Tonight we will all go out to my sisters house, and the kids will all be in. Bowl of soup, some fresh berries over ice cream, and then a game of cards with the gang. I am looking forward to that.

Talked with S Thursday night about going back to Martha's. She is so excited, she just can't wait to get out of the nursing home. She said "I only hope I can keep it together by then". I'm sure she will. As much as she dislikes the nursing home, I can't fault the care they have given her. They have her on this bed that goes all the way down to the floor to keep her from falling out of it. She hates it cause it is hard for her to get back up in her wheelchair from it. I can't get her to understand that it one of the reasons they are using it, trying to get her to call for assistance with her transfers. I haven't had a call in the middle of the night about a fall in while now.

The last 3 entries I have made to my journal page have been thru the AOL site, not the IE. Seems to be working good now. Not exactly sure when it began, but so far so good. I never did have the "counter" trouble others were having with their journals (keeping my fingers crossed).



lab2401 at 11:51:00 AM EST Link to this entry
This entry has 1 comments: (Add your own) Isn't it amazing how a pot of soup (any kind) can warm the soul on a cold or rainy day? You left a comment in my grief journal...http://journal.aol.
com/gbgoglo/ToKevinWithLoveMom...thank you for visiting...I welcome any suggestions/constructive criticism as I'm fairly new at this and don't know what I'm doing most of the time...again, thank you for your visit...from my heart to yours...
Comment from gbgoglo - 1/25/04 2:23 PM

No comments: