Sunday, January 25, 2004

1/25/04 update on Lisa

Sunday, January 25, 2004
update on Lisa

News update on Lisa, Don and the family.

Lisa came home from the hospital for good on the 19th of Jan. This picture is of her and sweet Chloe on their first night home together. ">There are more pictures on Lisa's website 'Lisa's Story'. Here is the link from a post I had made earlier about her. My sister has been in touch with Don and he is so glad to have his wife home again. He says the work getting the house accessible is worth having Lisa there with him and the kids. The kids are adjusting to their mom and her different ways of doing things now. Don told my sister, that when he and the kids went to the hospital on New Years Eve, they got there early, and surprised Lisa in the bathroom putting on her makeup with her stumps. She was hoping to surprise them by being all dressed up. We also found out that Lisa was a Mary Kay Consultant prior to her going into the hospital.

I am a physical therapist by trade, and see so much everyday in my practice, yet it still amazes me at times what a person can go thru and still come out whole on the other side. Lisa is as whole as if she still had her legs and hands. She is still Lisa, mommy, daughter, friend, lover and all the many names that described her before she became ill.



lab2401 at 12:04:00 AM EST Link to this entry
This entry has 8 comments: (Add your own)
    What a Wonderful tribute!
    V.
    Comment from deabvt - 2/3/04 5:03 PM

    I did email Lisa and wanted to thank you also for shring her story. She is truly an inspiration!...I will send prayers to God for her!
    Comment from bernmilo - 1/31/04 11:16 AM

    I really love coming to your journal...it feels wonderful.
    Comment from ckays1967 - 1/30/04 10:27 AM

    My best wishes go to Lisa and her family. It's good that what matter most is what's on the inside and not the outside. However, I realize that Lisa faces many challenges that go beyond the way things look. I'll be praying for her.
    Comment from hrmore1956 - 1/28/04 5:06 AM

    I'm happy to hear that Lisa is home with her family. I will keep them all in my prayers.
    Comment from karensull12 - 1/26/04 4:49 PM

    GLAD LISA MADE IT HOME AND SHE IS DOING OKAY. IT REALLY IS AMAZING AND I HOPE EVERYONE WILL ADJUST TOT HE NEW WAY OF LISAS DOING THINGS. ~BERLY
    Comment from wayoutdacloset - 1/25/04 4:20 PM

    I like your journal and the way you write...My name is Gloria and I want to thank you for your very kind and caring comments...I am fairly new at this computer stuff and journaling...most of the time its trial and error...I love your graphics...I'd like to learn how to do graphics...any suggestions? gbgoglo@aol.com I love the way you write about your family...very refreshing in today"s world...God bless you and yours...
    Comment from gbgoglo - 1/25/04 2:16 PM

    The family sounds tight knit & loving. Lisa looks like a woman that has a lot of will power to adjust to her new situation. It is amazing how a person's true character shines in moments like these.
    Comment from aiibrat - 1/25/04 1:12 AM

No comments: