Monday, January 19, 2004

1/19/04 aol-hell

Monday, January 19, 2004
aol-hell
Frustrated


Ewwww! I have had it with aol hell mail.">Why is it, they think they are doing us such a favor with their "super dooper pooper scooper spam controls", and all that appears to get blocked is list mail that I have been receiving without a problem for the past 4½ years. You would think that for what we pay a month I would not have to have list mail sent to a yahoo account. Makes me question why bother with aol at all? I have been a loyal customer since 1997, even stayed with aol when I got cable connection, and I seriously hate the thoughts of changing, but am giving serious consideration for the first of February. I guess I will have to find another journal site, but that's not impossible either. There has been enough trouble with the journals also, aol can't seem to get their act together recently. Ewwww, I hate aol tonight!

lab2401 at 11:21:00 PM EST Link to this entry
This entry has 4 comments: (Add your own)
LOL! I'm sorry I should laugh cuz I know you're upset. But I've certainly done my fair share of blogging about how screwey AOL can be at times. Yeah, the problem with the spam controls is they learn from EVERYONE. So if 100 people say it's spam & you say it ain't it STILL goes to your spam folder UNLESS you add the address of the sender to your address book. I think that should clear it up. :-)

Gregg
Comment from itsjustusinnc - 1/21/04 7:09 PM

so sorry, I meant "I DIG the gecko animation" ... the other way sounded so bad!!! (really embarrassed)
Comment from aiibrat - 1/21/04 1:37 AM

I totally understand about the Spam control. It works, but a couple of my email that I get regularly have been blocked on a regular basis. It's annoying. I've had to check the spam folder to see if it was there. Yep, 3 days worth. But like anything, AOL is a work in progress.

PS. I did the gecko animation! It's funny.
Comment from aiibrat - 1/21/04 1:35 AM

Yeah! I don't know if it's AOL or simply my computer that's acting very foolish tonight. My clock is wrong and I haven't touched it. And, although I have cable, my computer is acting as if it is a dial up version. Everything is so slow. I don't even want to talk about the lack of email on my regular account, in-fact, don't let me get started. Missed you over at Bookkeeper, drop on by, going to put up a great pix. Race http://journals.aol.com/chapterxxi/Bookkeeper/
Comment from chapterxxi - 1/21/04 1:24 AM

No comments: